Whether you are new to the TCFLA specifically or riding associations in general, it is our goal to be as transparent as possible about our organization so as to foster a greater understanding of how we operate, what we can do, and how you can get involved.
Riding associations can only thrive based on the efforts of volunteers. Please join our party and work with us to build a stronger Liberal Party and a better Canada.
As a member, you will be able to:
- Take part in local candidate nominations;
- Vote on issues of concern to party members;
- Run to be elected as representatives of the local riding association at federal Liberal conventions, or vote for other members seeking the same;
- Stand for election to our riding association Executive, and vote for those seeking an Executive position (see the list of positions and current incumbents);
- Propose policies for adoption by the Liberal Party and collaborate with your fellow members to promote those proposals;
- Debate current issues and possible solutions with your fellow Liberals from across Canada; and;
- Participate in and be kept informed about upcoming events and local activities.
Members contribute in various ways, including:
- Promoting the Liberal cause with your friends, family and neighbours in our riding;
- Volunteering during election campaigns (including door-to-door canvassing, telephone canvassing, delivering elections signs, staffing the campaign office, driving voters to the polls, assisting with communications, election scrutineering, fundraising and organizing events);
- Volunteering between campaigns on riding events;
- Donating much-needed money to the riding association and the national campaign and receiving a tax credit for those contributions;
- Serving on the riding association Executive and on various teams and committees;
- Working with local community groups, including professional, cultural, ethnic or other groups, to learn their concerns and communicate them back to the party;
- Identifying and recruiting Liberal voters from among your friends, neighbours, colleagues and family members, and encouraging each and every one of them to get out and vote in the next election if they are eligible to vote.
To make contact with the riding association to get started, please visit the TCFLA Contact Page.